Spring is always a busy time of the year at MG, when so much of our programming blooms big and bold, right alongside the plants in our garden! In that spirit, we’re happy to share with you some of the many exciting things we’ve been up to:
- Just a few weeks ago, we led an exciting week-long ecological justice training for trainers in New York, where we trained an amazing group of young leaders from UPROSE, El Puente (Williamsburg Leadership Center), and Ironbound Community Corporation.
- We pulled off an amazing event in Oakland called “Picket Lines & Produce Stands: Worker Rights in Food Justice.” Then, we helped occupy a McDonald’s in Oakland for the April 15th day of action called by the Fight for $15 campaign! (Special shout out to our Anne Braden Program intern Paul for all his amazing work on those events.)
(Photos by Dominique Lafaysse)
- We jumped off our third season of the Make It Fresh writing workshop series, hosted in Richmond, CA! Mark your calendars for the May 29th performance (see below)!
- We released our latest video: Marijuana: The Gateway Plant to Urban Farming.
- And with lots of love and cake, MG sent our beloved collective member Michelle off on her sabbatical! She will be on sabbatical through August. We are so excited for her. Congrats Michelle!
Stay tuned for more, thanks for your support, and much love!