Movement Generation Justice & Ecology Project inspires and engages in transformative action towards the liberation and restoration of land, labor, and culture. We are rooted in vibrant social movements led by low-income communities and communities of color committed to a Just Transition away from profit and pollution and towards healthy, resilient and life-affirming local economies.
MG is immediately hiring for a Communications Special Projects Manager to support our rapidly growing work. The position will advance MG’s communications infrastructure development, including work on our website, e-blasts, social media, media storage, earned media, and contacts database. This is a 6-month position.
- Familiarity with and commitment to MG’s work to build a Just Transition
- Two plus years experience doing communications work to support social movements through website development, e-blast template design, basic graphic design, database management, and social media management – and specific knowledge of and experience with some combination of WordPress, Constant Contact, Salesforce, and social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Strong organizational, project management, and communication skills
- $30/hr for 10-15 hours per week from July 1st – December 15th, 2017 (earlier end date can be negotiated)
- The Communication Special Projects Manager will work from MG’s office in the East Bay, with the option to work remotely/at home occasionally.
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter which includes: the reasons you are drawn to Movement Generation; a summary of the skills and experiences you will bring to the role; and name and contact details of two references indicating the capacity in which they know you.
Only short-listed applicants selected for interviews will be notified. The position will be open until filled. Please send your application by June 27th to email@example.com with subject line: “Communications special projects application.”
Movement Generation is a fiscally sponsored project of the Movement Strategy Center. MG is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. People of Color, working-class people, differently-abled people, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply. MG is committed to challenging institutional barriers that lock out many people from employment access, like history of incarceration or absence of formal education degrees. Everyone is encouraged to apply.