What Is It?
A roleplay activity that uses the human body as a metaphor for the earth and the ecological crisis.
Why Do it?
- To explain how the human body is a really good model of the Earth. Just like the earth, your body is a living system made up of interdependent living systems.
- To show how humans are an integral part of the Earth system because it is the sum of our planet’s interacting physical, chemical, and biological processes.
- To demonstrate the extent of energy and ecological destruction from:
- Toxics and pollution
- Damming of rivers
- Energy extraction and consumption for electricity, fuel
- War and militarism
- Land use changes (industrial agriculture)
- Biodiversity loss
30 minutes – 45 minutes
- Articles of clothing: Jacket, hoodie, puffy, hat, scarf, gloves, etc.
- Additional props to represent different impacts